Kealakehe College fair 2016

Students expand their knowledge for the near-by future.

Ronald Crivello-Kahihikolo, writer

Mrs.Steele, counselor, reached out to Kealakehe High school, and found out they were having a small college fair at the High school in their gymnasium, which was held on April 6th, 2016. Only 40 slots were open to the students at our school, so it was a first come first serve basis! Students go to these fairs to either decide on their future or to explore their options, rather than just focusing on one college. A total of 50 colleges were being represented. Some of the colleges being represented there were  Washington State University, Colorado State University, Chaminade University, and many more. “I definitely got to see more colleges and I also got to thicken my knowledge on where I want to go, which is in the Medical field, nursing.  I focused on one specific college, so this prevented me from thinking about where else I could go.  If that place doesn’t work out” stated student Hannah Dumon.

Students from West Hawaii Academy Exploration also attended the fair, and of course, students from Kealakehe HS were there. College fairs really help out, and broaden students knowledge, so that they have a better understanding of what kind of path they’d like to take when it comes to future Career choices, and college seeking.