College Awareness Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

College Awareness Week

Ronald Crivello-Kahihikolo, writer

College, the American dream! This is a substantial subject that innumerable students all over the world highly stress over. This year, Konawaena’s yearly College Awareness Week made it’s way around again, and it’s purpose was to promote a college-going environment for the school. It was also dedicated to helping students to become more aware of the basics needed for college and to open up each student’s eyes to college being an opportunity attainable for everyone.

To hype of the spirit of going to college, amusing activities were set up for every day of the week.

• Monday: Word search challenge
  • Tuesday: “Find the Scholar” scavenger hunt
  • Wednesday: Wear Your College T-shirt Day
  • Thursday: Scavenger hunt
  • Friday: Commit-to-College pledge signing day

A busy schedule caused the planning of College Awareness Week to be a bit of a challenge, due to all of the side activities, like College 101 for parents.

The overall mission of College Awareness Week was to get students to talk about college. If students wait until their senior year to get themselves into the mindset of future plans, then they may fall short. Then may even be too late. Students should begin thinking about their subsequent plans during their freshman year and work up to where they want to apply during their junior and senior year.

(So, next year… all of you tenacious and determined students, commit yourself to college and start planning ahead! It is imperative that you plan early and prepare yourself, so that you’re able to ditch the stress!)