• September 29Help the victims of Hurricanes Irma and Harvey by donating school supplies, ask your advisory teacher for more information

The student news site of Konawaena High School

Wildcat News

Diaries of Lucky the Unlucky Cat

Chronicles of a cat

Rachel Sato, Staff writer and editor

Lucky is a cat that we unintentionally adopted as a baby three years ago. Originally, we were only housing him for a little while, until my dad’s friend could find him a permanent home. But we realized that we didn’t want to let him go so we ended up keeping him. Like all cats, Lucky has four legs and fur that feels like an angel’s wing. He’s absolutely adorable and looks just like “Toothless” from “How To Train Your Dragon” or so I think he does. What people love the most about Lucky is the fact that he’s gigantic. Even though he started out as a cute, fuzzy, ball of fur, we didn’t expect him to grow into a sumo sized Garfield like personality cat. You could probably use him as a weight for when you work out because he’s so heavy. Overall, he’s just a loving cat who loves to be around people.

This is where an unfortunate turn of events start to happen. If you get upset about disgusting things, you might not want to read this.

About a month ago my family and I noticed that he wasn’t going to the bathroom regularly. He also started making these weird crying noises as he was lying on his stomach so we immediately decided that we had to take him to the veternarian. We later found out the reason why he wasn’t pooping was because…he was constipated. We had to leave him there for a couple of hours so the doctor could give him medicine. When we picked him up he was fine but as soon as we put him in the car and drove away, things got pretty hectic. I had to sit in the back with him to make sure he was ok but he was actually freaking out. Lucky started to “let it out” right there and then in the cage. To make things worse he also started vomiting a little bit in his cage. It was gross. At one point, it smelled so bad, I had to roll down the window and breathe outside. It didn’t make the situation any better as I was freaking out as well because he was a mess and I didn’t know what to do. I guess it’s a known fact that cats don’t like car rides so it wasn’t a surprise when he started crying very loudly. Thankfully, we got home in one piece and let Lucky out to do the rest of his business. I’m glad he’s doing much better and I still find it ironic how his name is Lucky but he’s the total opposite of that.