• May 30Have a safe summer, go to konawaenahs.org for school updates

Wildcat News

Stranger Things

Rachel Sato

If you’re bored at home and can’t decide what to binge-watch on Netflix, I highly suggest the tv show Stranger Things. Stranger Things is a Netflix original tv show that first aired in July of 2016. It’s set in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana during the early 1980’s. If you’re not too into horror or supernatural fiction, then maybe this show isn’t for you.  The show had everybody anticipated as they had just released the second season. Horror, the ‘80s, and Netflix? Count me in.

We all have our favorite characters from a movie/tv show or disliking a character so much you want them dead. Or maybe even feeling a mixed of both. In this case, Steve Harrington deserves to have a whole paragraph dedicated to him. I’m not gonna lie, I wasn’t a big fan of Steve during the first season. Trying to be all cool and acting like a jerk doesn’t flow with me, not to mention the fact with what he did to Jonathan’s camera…Although what Jonathan did doesn’t really help with the situation either. I can now say that from watching the second season, Steve isn’t that bad of a guy. From helping to wash the sign at the movie theater to protecting the kids made me realize that people can change if you give them a chance. Talk about a major character development.

I’m pretty sure we all screamed at our screens when Mike and Eleven finally reunited; I know I shed a few tears. I can’t express how perfect this scene was. Their  reactions actually gave me goosebumps. There wasn’t any need for dialogue to know that their feelings were real and that they missed each other dearly.

Now this scene in particular warmed my heart. During the last scene which took place at the Snowball Dance, poor Dustin kept getting rejected by girls because they didn’t want to dance with him. Destroying his confidence, he sat down on the bleachers and started to cry. Seeing that he had nobody to dance with, Nancy swooped in and asked Dustin to dance. Giving him a little advice, she was able to make him smile and bring his confidence back up again.  

Whether it be fighting off a demogorgon or trying to beat your high score on “Dragon’s Lair”, it can be concluded that Stranger Things is far from being a disappointment. In fact, some can say that the show is totally tubular.