Fall Sports Round Up

Caylin Ziemelis

Thane Millhoan, Writer

Fall sports are in full swing, so let’s get you caught up on all the action.  The football team got off to a slow start in non-conference action dropping games to Kahuku and Kapaa, before winning three games in a row to open BIIF play.  The Wildcats traveled to Keaau where they stopped the D-1 Cougars 55-7.  The team celebrated homecoming with a 41-7 victory over the Warriors of Waiakea, before handing the visiting Ka Makani of HPA a 62-13 loss.

There is a youth movement afoot in the girls volleyball program.  There are more underclassmen on the varsity roster than seniors and JV players are numerous.  The team has been competitive amoung teams in their own division while struggling against the larger schools.  The varsity Wahine Wildcats currently have a 3-4 record in BIIF play.

Two seasons removed from individual and state championships the Cross Country program is looking to develop the next team to challenge for league and state titles.   Sophomore harrier Jarred Barret is the only Wildcat to finish in the top ten in a race this year, coming in fourth in last weekś race in Keaau.

Bowling got off to a slow start due to weather related cancellations, but with a couple matches in the books both the boyś and girlś teams look to be competitive.  The boyś are in first place while the girlś hold down the third spot.  The season is still young and things could change, but it is likely that both teams will be in the thick of the league race.

The fall sports teams at Konawaena continue the tradition of success established by those before them, and look to add a few more trophies to the case after all is said and done.