• November 5Thanksgiving Break November 22-23

• November 5No School Veterans Day, November 12

• November 5No School on Election Day, November 6th

Wildcat News

How to Prepare for Fall

Caylin Ziemelis

Caylin Ziemelis, Editor in chief

Fall is right around the corner, and you know what that means? Endless pumpkin spice lattes, fall break beach days and actual fall pictures on Instagram. Since we all live in Hawaii seasons are basically non-existence so we all try to cope in our own ways. Here is some tips you can use to feel more festive!

Tip number one is how to take pictures in a pumpkin patch. Since the Waimea pumpkin patch closed, the Big Island has no place to take cute pumpkin patch pictures. Here’s my solution: go to Home Depot or Target and find the big cardboard boxes with all the pumpkins. Take out 10 or so pumpkins and place them in a store aisle where you can then lay down and take a selfie with all of them. The down sides are you might be kicked out of the store or worst see auntie Coco from church and explain to her what you are doing for the gram.

Tip number two is finding the right Halloween costume for the environment. Attention girls in high school trick or treating: stop trick or treating first of all. Your in high school for goodness sake and second of all please don’t wear 4 inch high heels with your cat costume. Please realize that Pualani Estates (the most popular spot during Halloween) is a good 6 blocks up hill. I’ll send a prayer for your feet ahead of time.

Tip number three is how to dress for fall in Konawaena. The days have been blistering hot lately, so the solution is to bring all your fall clothing which includes your black leggings, autumn colored shirts and warm scarfs to the library. The only place in Kona cold enough to do so, some students even go so far to call the library an ice box. Which is perfect for when you want to get in the fall mood.

So that concludes Fall in Kona, remember all these tips for when you feel like you need to be festive. Even though we don’t have actual fall let’s just appreciate that it’s not cold and freezing, that we can all still enjoy a nice a beach day at Kua’s or snorkel at Magic’s.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “How to Prepare for Fall”

1. Christine on October 18th, 2018 8:01 pm

Makes me want to move to Kona from Australia in the fall, even for the pumpkin spice latte

2. Linda on October 19th, 2018 1:56 am

How about a pumpkin pie with loads of whip cream….i always just buy canned pumpkin anyway. Great article.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• How to Prepare for Fall

Editorial

Gender Discrimination Among Teens

• How to Prepare for Fall

Editorial

My Real Life Mean Girls Experience

• How to Prepare for Fall

Editorial

The Time I.. Got Stuck in a Trump Riot

• How to Prepare for Fall

Editorial

Canada Just Legalized Marijuana: Should the U.S.?

• How to Prepare for Fall

News

Mr.Wild is an Ironman

• How to Prepare for Fall

Editorial

Halloween’s Origin

• Sports

Fall Sports Round Up

• How to Prepare for Fall

Editorial

How to Stop Bullying

• How to Prepare for Fall

Editorial

Places to Trick or Treat in Kona

• Sports

Girl’s Volleyball Makes States

The student news site of Konawaena High School
How to Prepare for Fall