• November 5Thanksgiving Break November 22-23

• November 5No School Veterans Day, November 12

• November 5No School on Election Day, November 6th

Wildcat News

Movies to Watch in October

Leila Faler, Assistant Editor

What do you think of when someone says Halloween? Are you already brainstorming costume ideas or instead planning on staying in? It’s that time of the year again, the spooky holiday is right around the corner. Halloween means crazy  costumes, truck loads of candy and stacks of scary movies. Old classics have always had a way of bringing out the creepy Halloween spirit. Regardless if you plan on trick or treating, spending your night with friends or at home, this list of movies is sure to bring a shiver down your spine. So sit back, grab a drink and some popcorn and scroll down to indulge yourself on some of these Halloween classics.

Beetlejuice: “After Barbara (Geena Davis) and Adam Maitland (Alec Baldwin) die in a car accident, they find themselves stuck haunting their country residence, unable to leave the house. When the unbearable Deetzes (Catherine O’Hara, Jeffrey Jones) and teen daughter Lydia (Winona Ryder) buy the home, the Maitlands attempt to scare them away without success. Their efforts attract Beetlejuice (Michael Keaton), a rambunctious spirit whose “help” quickly becomes dangerous for the Maitlands and innocent Lydia (google).”

The Addams Family: “When a man (Christopher Lloyd) claiming to be Fester, the missing brother of Gomez Addams (Raul Julia), arrives at the Addams’ home, the family is thrilled. However, Morticia (Anjelica Huston) begins to suspect the man is a fraud, since he cannot recall details of Fester’s life. With the help of lawyer Tully Alford (Dan Hedaya), Fester manages to get the Addams clan evicted from their home. Gomez realizes the two men are conspiring to swindle the Addams fortune and that he must challenge Fester (Google).”

The conjuring: “In 1970, paranormal investigators and demonologists Lorraine (Vera Farmiga) and Ed (Patrick Wilson) Warren are summoned to the home of Carolyn (Lili Taylor) and Roger (Ron Livingston) Perron. The Perrons and their five daughters have recently moved into a secluded farmhouse, where a supernatural presence has made itself known. Though the manifestations are relatively benign at first, events soon escalate in horrifying fashion, especially after the Warrens discover the house’s macabre history (Google).”

The exorcist: “When young Regan (Linda Blair) starts acting odd — levitating, speaking in tongues — her worried mother (Ellen Burstyn) seeks medical help, only to hit a dead end. A local priest (Jason Miller), however, thinks the girl may be seized by the devil. The priest makes a request to perform an exorcism, and the church sends in an expert (Max von Sydow) to help with the difficult job (Google).”

It: “Seven young outcasts in Derry, Maine, are about to face their worst nightmare — an ancient, shape-shifting evil that emerges from the sewer every 27 years to prey on the town’s children. Banding together over the course of one horrifying summer, the friends must overcome their own personal fears to battle the murderous, bloodthirsty clown known as Pennywise (Google).”

The Shining: “Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) becomes winter caretaker at the isolated Overlook Hotel in Colorado, hoping to cure his writer’s block. He settles in along with his wife, Wendy (Shelley Duvall), and his son, Danny (Danny Lloyd), who is plagued by psychic premonitions. As Jack’s writing goes nowhere and Danny’s visions become more disturbing, Jack discovers the hotel’s dark secrets and begins to unravel into a homicidal maniac hell-bent on terrorizing his family (Google).”

Although not all horrifying, these movies will most definitely bring out your inner Halloween spirit.

1 Comment

One Response to “Movies to Watch in October”

1. Jack ehelrmann on October 16th, 2018 6:15 pm

This is vry good proud of u

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Movies to Watch in October

Editorial

Gender Discrimination Among Teens

• Movies to Watch in October

Editorial

My Real Life Mean Girls Experience

• Movies to Watch in October

Editorial

The Time I.. Got Stuck in a Trump Riot

• Movies to Watch in October

Editorial

Canada Just Legalized Marijuana: Should the U.S.?

• Movies to Watch in October

News

Mr.Wild is an Ironman

• Movies to Watch in October

Editorial

Halloween’s Origin

• Sports

Fall Sports Round Up

• Movies to Watch in October

Editorial

How to Stop Bullying

• Movies to Watch in October

Editorial

Places to Trick or Treat in Kona

• Sports

Girl’s Volleyball Makes States

The student news site of Konawaena High School
Movies to Watch in October