How to Stop Bullying

Back to Article
Back to Article

How to Stop Bullying

Marieanna Taetuna-Kalua'u, Writer

Here are some solutions to avoid school drama and stop bullying.  

“If you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say it at all.” Many people say this for a reason, so as  to not get other people’s feelings hurt or to stay out of arguments. Saying mean things is a form of bullying. Bullying can be either direct or indirect.  There are many types of bullying that can be physical, verbal, relational, or damage to property. I personally know many relational bullying which is purposefully hurting someone’s relationships. Why do people bully other people? They might bully you just for the fun of it and don’t know that it’s actually hurting them. They might want to take away your power of being happy because they lack the attention of being loved from their family so they want you to feel that you are below them. Bullying is never the answer, and you can avoid this by walking away from that bully and act like you are walking away from a stranger. And when that bully says something mean to you, you can stand up for yourself and say, ¨Stop!¨ and tell them that you are actually hurting and that you don’t like it. And if that person is still bullying you go tell a teacher or an adult and tell them what’s been going on so it can stop.

For the student today that are experience cyber bullying you can avoid the situation, you can avoid replying to that person, and you can block all communications from that person. You can also tell a family member. Always be sure to get proof of the cyberbullying so you can show it to an adult. And for the people that have witnessed bullying stand up and tell a teacher or anyone on campus you ain’t a snitch your just doing a good deed and helping someone in need of it.