Senior Pancake Breakfast

Katie Wickersham, Editorial Staff Writer

On September 28, 2019, the aroma of pancakes will fill the air at Konawaena high school. The Senior Pancake Breakfast is a long-serving fundraiser, and all the money earned goes to the graduating Senior class. So, if you like the sound of pancakes, there is no other place you should be on a saturday morning, Konawaena’s very own pancake breakfast!

During this event, the seniors host a pancake breakfast in the Konawaena High School cafeteria. They will serve fluffy pancakes, scrambled eggs, and little smokies. There is also going to be a silent auction that takes place. All of the money that is raised goes to, Senior Awards Night, prom, and thier graduation. This year, there will also be a new addition to the fundraiser. There will be booths selling homemade sauerkraut, fermented goods, and locally grown plants.

The amount of money that is raised all depends on the class, and how much they work toward selling the tickets. No matter how many tickets are sold, the class pancake breakfast is a big portion of paying for seniors events. Each year the seniors work hard to make this event possible. 

This event brings together the community, and gives a fun way to help the graduating class raise money for the events that will shape their senior year. So make sure to come down and eat some pancakes on September, 28 2019!