New Teachers

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Teachers

Jonya Guzman, Arts & Entertainment Writer

It’s a new school year and everyone is back out here wild’n with the pride of a Wildcat. This year Konawaena High had a lot of changes. Not only did students come back from the summer with new attitudes and mindsets, they also came with the fresh vibes a school environment needs. Usually new students show their pride at the end of quarter-three, but not our new students! Our new students are already walking the halls, showing that they feel the Wildcat in them, while it was still at quarter-one. Teachers came back from their vacation where they don’t give anyone any detentions, but, with their unstoppable love and support for every student on campus as always! There are more things that happened, We have new teachers and staff also, staff that became teachers.

Recently, Konawaena High gained more than two new teachers that are now officially green blooded. 

Have you ever met a teacher who teaches students about problems in the real world? Or make students feel comfortable and respected when you enter the classroom? Brings a coffee pot not for him only, but his students too? I mean everyone needs coffee at work right? 

Mr.Vasquez is one of the new teachers here at Konawaena. He teaches American Problem and Geography. As he started working here at Konawaena, he set goals for his students. “My goals for my students is to draw the genius out of them, help them build confidence, and prove them that they are important to the world and everybody Says Mr.Vasquez. He as a teacher has an experience as a teacher where he struggles everyday of trying to answer the question; what makes us human? He was inspired to become a teacher because of a personal experience about how education can change a life. “Inlak’ech Mayan” Poem is one great things that connects him to show who he is and what he would like to share. “You are my other me. If I do harm to you, I do harm to myself. When I love and respect, I love and respect myself”.  Mr.Vasquez is here on campus whenever. A new math teacher on board ? Yes.  Mrs.Nakamoto is one of the new teachers who worked at Konawaena and is now an official teacher for math. If you are a new teacher, you need rules and she gets em! She expects them to be followed and respected. Rule #1; No Phones! Rule#2; Throw away your trash. You are old enough to do so, Rule #3; Be on time and lastly, Rule #4; RESPECT. If you want a mellow vibe class, do so. Mrs.Nakamoto is not only who wants students to follow her rules in her classroom, she might be a good referee at football because she is a “Football-holic”. She loves watching football games with her family. Mrs.Nakamoto is a fun teacher. Mrs.Nakamoto was inspired by a professor at college to become a teacher.  As students, me and my friends hang out in classes where we can chill and do work. r Hearing the sound of new teachers, means a new class to hang out is open. We only go where teachers allows us and welcomes us because we respect their privacy. Until then, 

Welcome all new teachers.